Cost: Entry to Tafwyl is free. Some activities will incur a small fee but most activities are free. If you want to visit the Castle itself, away from the Tafwyl site, you will have to pay an entrance fee or make an application for a Cardiff Castle Key Card (see below).
Cardiff Castle Key Card: If you live or work in Cardiff you can apply for a Castle Key Card for a one off payment of £6.50 – which then gives you free entry to the castle for 3 years. All you need is to show evidence at the Ticket Office that you live or work in Cardiff. You will receive your Castle Key Card with photo ID immediately. You don’t need to bring a photograph with you.
Alcohol: Tafwyl has licensed certain areas of Cardiff Castle, and we have four bars this year with lots of locally-sourced beer, ales, cocktails, ciders, wines and spirits that will leave you spoilt for choice! But please take note – you will not be able to bring your own alcohol on to the site. We are not licensed for this and anyone trying to sneak their own alcohol past our friendly stewards will be searched and may be asked to leave the site. All bars operate a Challenge 25 policy. Customers who are under 18 years old will be asked to leave the festival site if found in possession of alcohol.
Glass: No glass will be allowed to be taken onto any part of the site.
Water: Free water will be provided at the Info Point and at St Johns
Times: Tafwyl Fair will open at 11.00 and close at 21.00.
Accessibility: The site is completely accessible to everyone. Disabled toilets and Baby Changing Facilities are located on site. More information about Cardiff Castle’s accessibility outside of the festival site here.
Visiting with Dogs: Please note dogs are not allowed on site unless they are assistance dogs.
- NO bags larger than A4 size
- NO alcohol or flasks
- NO glass
- NO illegal substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- NO illegal or unauthorized vending
- NO knives or weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, pocket knives and self-defense sprays
- NO items which may endanger public safety
- NO pyrotechnics including fireworks and flares
- NO aerosol products / aerosol cans
- NO tents or canopies
- NO furniture
- NO drones or UAV’s (unmanned aerial vehicle)
- NO flyers, samples, giveaways or promotional items
- Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of Event Management or security staff
Prohibited or unsafe items will be confiscated at the owner’s risk and without liability to the organiser.